Date: Saturday, 08 December, 2018
Time: 12:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Location: Canning Showgrounds – Corner Albany Highway & Station Street, Cannington WA 6107 Cost: $10.00
Organiser: City of Canning
Get ready to undertake a fantastic journey across time and space, to the edges of the universe, past the limits of human imagination. This is the Australian first STEAM Carnival! Brought to you by the City of Canning and Two Bit Circus.
Conceptualised in Los Angeles and making its way to Canning for an Australian-first, the City of Canning is pleased to be hosting, in partnership with Two Bit Circus, STEAM Carnival.
STEAM Carnival is a social amusement platform for all ages that uses technology infused games and immersive hands-on experiences that leverage people’s passion for music, fashion and games to engage them in science, technology, engineering, arts and maths.
Two Bit Circus is a non-profit educational organisation designed to cultivate the next generation of inventors, advance environmental stewardship and spur community engagement.
Developed in Los Angeles and making their debut appearance in Australia are ten giant tech games engineered by Two Bit Circus and tweaked here in Australia. Think drones, lasers, wacky arcade games and so much more.
Enjoy hours of STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) entertainment including:
- Inspiring talks from key leaders in their field
- Hands on workshops designed to test and inspire
- Exhibits by local business, clubs, universities and schools with STEAM projects
- Visual storytellers and performers including costumed characters and roving carnival-spirited acts
- The Lunar Sensation Big Top filled with exciting circus performers and explosive shows from our partners at Scitech!
- Games and interactive experiences
And of course to keep you fueled all day long, drop by our G’Astronomy Food Village, filled with tasty delights and themed eats!